Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Kentucky State Fair - Eggs, Eggs, Eggs... It's all about the eggs this year.

Not much exciting at the Kentucky State Fair as far as rabbits and chickens go.  I had a few entries (nothing I thought would do well) but I had to work late the day they needed to be taken in so I missed the entry window.


I did however get to enter the egg contest for the first time.  I entered a dozen in the brown egg category and a dozen in the pastel egg category.

Fourth Place in the brown egg category.  Not to bad for first time entering.  Next year I will enter 2 dozen in both the brown and pastel.  I don't have white layers so I can't enter that category.

It would be great to see my eggs in that display case.


The Kentucky State Fair is a great event.  Lots of entertainment, education and interesting things to look at.  From contest exhibits to the animals and of course the midway.

I did spend a lot of time talking to a great couple who raise Nigerian Dwarf goats.  They were very informative and have pushed me even closer to getting a few goats.  Visit their web site to see their goats. www.hilltopfarmsky.com







There was also a Dragon
And Jack climbing his beanstalk


1 comment:

  1. It was fate to come here at this place. It really paves the way for me to want to go out more. I was fortunate enough to have seen this excellent place with my friends. The entire space at the event venues feel warm and intimate.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated.